Landscape management considers the care of land to ensure that landscapes can realise needs and aspirations in an effective and sustainable manner for present and future generations.
Landscape management evaluates the characteristics, history and potential of sites and landscapes in conjunction with an understanding of the needs of their owners, managers and users.
The aim of landscape management is to ensure that landscapes can be effectively maintained and managed over time through the preparation of management plans and strategies, designs and plans, and providing management based solutions to site issues for development.
The list of services Jane offers in relation to landscape management include:
- Conducting and coordinating site assessments
- Advising on management and maintenance considerations in respect of new designs and proposals
- Preparing and implementing management plans
- Preparing area strategy and policy documents for long term landscape management
- Coordinating and conducting community engagement and consultation with users/owners/managers/ other stakeholders
- Resource and budget assessment and planning including the preparation of cost estimates
- Landscape audits
- Tender preparation, administration, and contract supervision
- Preparation of maintenance schedules
- Managing projects and contracts